Furnishing any room can get pricing! Furnishing a child’s room however can be frustrating. The downfall of furnishing a bedroom for a child is they will outgrow it relatively quickly and then you may end up spending tons of money all over again. However, this can be avoidable by following a few simple tips!
Tips for Furnishing a Child’s Room
- Buy Used – Buying used is the best way to save money! Previously rented furniture like we have in our clearance center is well taken care of, but also a huge discount from the regular buying price at new. In fact, you can buy an entire bedroom set for less than $500 here.
- Buy Simple – As previously mentioned, tastes change and kids grow out of things quickly. So, buying simple and decorating with other items such as artwork and bedding is a good way to keep a furniture set for as long as possible.
- Move Items yourself (if possible) – Many times the cost of delivery is overpriced and can add as much as $250 or more on to your order. Renting a U-Haul truck and moving furniture yourself and/or having a friend help can save plenty of money.
At Corporate Rentals, we can help you furnish a bedroom for under $500! Check out our inventory on the Corporate Rentals Clearance Center website.
Small apartments are great! They are affordable, cozy and perfect for those new to the renting scene (yes, we are talking to all you recent college grads!). The issue with small apartments is finding space for all your stuff! Whether the apartment is a small one bed or a studio, storage is almost always an issue. With that being said, follow these tips for storage and live stress (and clutter) free!
- Under bed – There are spacers to lift up the bed higher when needed! Under the bed storage is great for suitcases, clothes, or any other items that you don’t need on a daily basis.
- Closet pegs or shoe hangers – Plenty of items are out there allow for shoes to be hung on the back of the closet door. Doing so will allow for plenty of floor space for storage.
- Vacuum seal storage bags – These are a perfect way to store clothes or items that can be put away for a while. For example, in winter, store summer clothes in the vacuum sealed bags.
- DIY book shelves – Bookshelves can be made from many different items including old dresser drawers, small wood crates, ladders and more. This is a great way to add extra storage place at a low cost.
- Peg board – Consider adding a peg board(s) are the apartment. These can be colorful to add design and flare. In addition, pegs can be useful to hold photos, kitchen dishes and appliances, shoes, clothes and so much more.
- Command hooks – Command hooks are another great item to hang on the back of doors or on walls. Purses, towels, and towels are just some of the many items that can be hung on the hooks to save space.
We hope you found these tips helpful! Be sure to follow our Corporate Rentals Clearance Center on Facebook for more tips and tricks as well as sale promotions on all things furniture/housewares.
Photo source: Pinterest